mold
detection

Molds are microscopic organisms present almost everywhere—indoors and outdoors.  Molds release spores which can become airborne and travel to other destinations.

 

Molds produce negative health effects through inflammation, allergy or infection.  Allergic reactions, including fever, are common after mold exposure.  Symptoms of those exposed to toxic molds may include immune system suppression, respiratory problems including asthma and infections, coughing, eye, nose, throat or skin irritations, memory impairment, headaches, mood swings, nasal and sinus congestion, food intolerances and allergies, as well as body aches and pain.

 

Persons with weakened and suppressed immune systems, the elderly and young children are more susceptible to serious health problems from mycotoxin exposure.

 

Microorganisms grow frequently in hidden places and often are not visible.  Health complaints occur even after the moisture damage has dried, sometimes only when this occurs.  In these cases, moisture measurements are not suitable to localize the microorganisms.  Dogs can be trained to search for microbial odor and to detect the source.  Certified mold detection canines can be a very successful method for locating hidden microbial damage.

 

K-9 Detectives provides confidential mold detection utilizing certified canines and handlers for homes, schools and commercial properties.  Our certified mold detection canines are specifically trained to alert to eighteen of the most common toxic molds.

727.482.8524                 ©2015 K9 Detectives

k9detectives@gmail.com